Dear Camp Staff Applicant:
We are delighted that you are interested in a staff position with the 2017 Rocky Mountain Farmers Union (RMFU) Cooperative Leadership Camps. RMFU Camp is a unique, rewarding and an inspiring experience for everyone involved, campers and staff alike. Our future as an organization and society’s future depend on developing strong and articulate leaders whose values reflect those of Farmers Union, leaders who are inspired to truly make a difference in today’s world. Cooperative Leadership Camp is an important first step in the development of those leaders.
As an RMFU camp staff member, you will be expected to display a positive attitude, to enjoy working with youth, and to respect other staff members and campers. Camp staff is held to extremely high standards. You can expect to work long hours, but it is a truly amazing experience. Camps are held in a beautiful mountain location at the National Farmers Union Education Center in Bailey, Colo.
If you are ready for a fun and rewarding experience, we encourage you to apply to join the 2017 RMFU summer camp staff. Please note the following details:
- Salary for first year staff is $45/day (under 18 years old; and/or in high school); and $60/day for those over 18 years old (first year college or older). Returning staff salaries increase by $5/day for each year of experience.
- Mileage to and from camp will be paid if you are using your personal vehicle (one round trip).
- If you have a previous application on file, you must reapply to be eligible for 2017.
- A short staff training session will be held sometime in May or June at the RMFU office, depending on the availability of all hired
- You must be present at camp on the following dates:
July 6-7 Staff training
July 8-11 Grades 2-4
July 12-16 Grades 5-7
July 17-21 Grades 8-12
If you are interested, please complete and return the application by March 31, 2017.
If you have further questions please contact Jennifer Luitjens Bahr at 303-283-3550 or email@example.com.
Here is the application form Camp Staff Application 2017
Camp Staff Incentives
Camp staff members who complete an application prior to the March 31 deadline will have the opportunity to showcase our RMFU camp program to area schools and make some extra money!
During the months of April and May you can visit schools and showcase the RMFU camp program to classrooms and assemblies. You will receive $30 per school visit and mileage. You will work with the Education Director to set the school visits.
For each new camper you recruit you will receive $5. Prior to your school visits you will receive registration packets to hand out which will be printed with your name so that if a child does attend, you will receive the credit automatically.
Each staff member should set a goal, such as 5 new campers from each school. If you were to visit 2 schools @ 5 campers each/10 campers total = $50 additional in your paycheck!
Please ask for more details on how to do this!